Why you need to learn to keep pushing through - The Daniel Latto Podcast Show - Season 9 Episode 20


The Wealth Creation Podcast is brought to you by Daniel Latto, and is designed to help you learn the steps you need to take to achieve Financial Freedom in the next 5 years.

Discover how to make more money, turn that money into investments, and live from cashflow while never having to work again.

The podcasts covers three main areas

1. Cut Costs
2. Generate Cash (Business)
3. Invest the rest (Property)

Throughout the podcast episodes, I'll be going through the step by step actions you can take, including any Business & Property Strategies along the way that can accelerate your results.

The Podcast is hosted by Daniel Latto.

Daniel Latto is a business coach originally from Leeds, and now lives in the Mediterranean providing advice for business owners and entrepreneurs.

You can contact Daniel Latto at his website at http://www.daniellatto.co.uk

Why you need to learn to keep pushing through - The Daniel Latto Podcast Show - Season 9 Episode 20

Transcript:

[0:00] Hey it's dan so in this video we're going to talk about just pushing on through, welcome to the daniel latto podcast show fresh content covering business investing marketing money health and more hey good morning it's dan hope you're well today so it's very very cold here in spain it may look sunny and i also may be wearing shorts but it's cold right uh it is very very sunny in fact but it's still cold and um this morning you know i got up and i'm like oh just cannot be bothered going to do my crossfit session which is exactly where i'm headed now and it's true i can't be bothered and then i was kind of laughing because i'm like how many times do i come on a video and go oh i can't be bothered it's crossfit i'm too tired i'm too cold everything aches and it's true i am too tired i am too cold and everything aches but it's just just this idea you know i've tried to watch my weight trying to kind of push that down which is really difficult through december because you know december's for fattening up isn't it basically so you're on to all the comfort foods and the fires on and all the rest of it and it's like you know what the thing that really helps me control my weight is the crossfit and And it's like, in order for me to hit my weight goals, the CrossFit really does, it just literally pulls me through to being able to do that.

[1:28] And so really that's the motivation. And if it wasn't that that was the motivation, I'd have to literally go and find something else to motivate me.
And I guess this is the point I'm trying to make, is that, you know, in life we all have these different motivations.
And it's about you plugging into the motivation that moves you the most.
For me, it's weight loss, right? And so if I know that it's weight loss and I know that going to CrossFit kind of puts in place the weight loss.

[1:55] It makes kind of sense for me to go to crossfit workout it puts the rest of the day um into, context and it means that i'm gonna do well for the rest of the day because usually the crossfit sessions are difficult um which mentally puts me in a good place because if something difficult happens during the day it's not as painful as the crossfit stuff and this kind of reminds me about michael jordan you know in the nba finals he would be trying to motivate himself with whatever he can He was out at dinner one night during the playoffs, and George Carl, who I think was the coach for the Utah Jazz, was in a restaurant.
And they saw each other, but George Carl didn't acknowledge him, you know.
Boy, that was it for him. For Michael Jordan, it's like, oh, that's how you want to play, do you?
And that was his motivation. And he used to find motivation from antagonising other players.
And now, interestingly, when I used to play a lot of basketball, I was a very good player, you know, 30 points a game kind of thing.
And I would also utilise that method of motivation. I would talk shit, basically, to the guy defending me.
And I'd be like, well, you're tall, but you're crap. You're strong, but you're not very good, are you? You know, you're a bit thick.
So I would purposefully antagonise them, because I knew that that would make me play better, because they would defend harder.

[3:16] Interesting methodology of doing it, don't you think? But this is about you finding your motivation, whatever's going to work for you is fine and for me it's you know i need to lose that weight so i need to go to crossfit because crossfit pulls the weight in the right direction and for me that's what it is now for you it might be something different and that's fine you just got to work out and find out what is that thing that's going to get you moving today or tomorrow or this week all for 2024 all right we're at crossfit wish me luck hey what's normal.


Check out this episode!

Comments